Sri Sri Ravishankar is a divine leader and acclaimed and globally acclaimed as an ambassador of peace. Sri Sri was born in 1956 at papanasham, a place of southern India. Till infancy times, he was keen interested in learning the spiritual activities, by the age of four he attain glibness in Hindu epic book “Bhagavad Gita”. He was deeply affectionate with the divine pre-historic language Sanskrit; Sri Sri’s first teacher was Sudhakar Chaturvedi, who is the close companion of Mahatma Gandhi. He acquired the degree in Vedic science and physics from Bangalore University.
In 1981, he founded the non-profit organization “The Art of Living” that headquartered in Bangalore of Karnataka state and it has regional worship centers in 150 countries. His inspiration behind the starting of this venture is happens that when he entered a ten-day period of silence in Shimoga at Karnataka State. He discovered Sudarshan Kriya a powerful breathing technique, and it now included as a master-piece of the Art of Living courses. Sri Sri once spelled out that “The rhythmic breathing practice, Sudarshan Kriya, came to him in 1982, “like a poem, an inspiration,” after a ten-day period of silence on the banks of the Bhadra River in Shimoga, in the state of Karnataka, adding, “I learned it and started teaching it””. His Art of Living foundation has received many acclamations from different national-international level organizations including United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Official contact details of contact details of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar can be found under the “founder” tab of Art Of living Official website.
- Born on 13 may 1956 at Papanasam, Tamil Nadu,
- In 1981 He Founded the center for peace organization “Art Of Living”
- In 1997 he established a Geneva-based charity organization International Association for Human Values, shortly called as IAHV
- In 2012 he widened to120 centers of Art Of Living
- He is also acclaimed as the author, his works including An Intimate Note to the Sincere Seeker, Buddha: manifestation of silence, Be A Witness, God Loves Fun, and Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Service achievements complimented him national-international level honors including Culture in Balance Award (2009), Order of the Pole Star (2006), Honorary Citizenship and Goodwill Ambassador (2008) and Padma Bhushan – the Highest civilian award of Indian Government (2015)
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Contact Address and Phone Number
India Office Address: 21st km Kanakapura Road, P.O Udaypura, Bangalore 560082, Karnataka
Phone Number: n/a
USA Office Address: 2401 15th St NW, Washington DC 20009